the Heřman House, south façade with added extension, 1934
Originally, a smaller family house by Oldřich Starý was designed in the spirit of a symmetrical layout similar to the aesthetics of the architect J. E. Koula. The simple staircase connects all the floors, including the roof, which has a sundeck with a typically nautical railing. The extension of the house also created space for a terrace connected with the bedroom balcony.
František Heřman, Colonel of the General Staff of Czechoslovakia, sold his house soon after its completion in 1933 for CZK 200,000 to a bank clerk, Josef Dvořáček, and his son František Dvořáček, a professor of the First Czechoslovak State Grammar School in Prague XII.
perspective of the original design of the house by Oldřich Starý
title page of the construction permit
original documentation and plans from the exhibition catalogue